My chicken just did something stupid!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
To get to the coop from the house you have to walk thru the garden gate. The gate is a homemade one, iron pipe welded together for the frame with a cut down livestock panel in the center.
Most of my chickens are now too big to fit thru the square openings in the livestock panel. A few can still slip thru and then find themselves "stuck" in the yard until I go out and hold the gate open for them to rejoin the flock out by the coop. They also have to pass by the dog's pen in order to go back to the coop and they're scared of him.
I went out to check on things in the coop a little bit ago and left the gate partially open, so three girls escaped into the yard. When I came back I held the gate open and called to them. Two came running immediately and went thru the opening no problem. One was hesitant, but finally decided to accept my invitation. She ran thru the open gate like her sisters, but then stopped, turned around and went back into the yard.
Then, with me standing there holding the gate open for her she passed thru the gate via the openings in the panel.
barnie.gif

Whoever said chickens are smart, never met my bunch.
hmm.png

Ohhh Bless, she must have been so confused.

Maybe she was enjoying you assisting her? lol....lol...

Aren't they amazing?

Jena.

I had to sit in my car in the middle of the street waiting for a quail to quit racing back and in forth in front of my car... WHICHWAYDOIGO?? OH NO WHICH WAY!!!! It was funny, but annoying too.

lau.gif
They're so funny.

Mine were all happily laying in the main coop till today.
th.gif
I went to look and NO EGGS
idunno.gif

Silly fools ALL decided to lay their eggs today in the smaller connected shed (there is a nest box but its NEVER been used) so today they ALL lay there? Weirdo's!

Quote:
I think you're right. I think they place bets to see who can make their owner look like the biggest idiot each day.
tongue.png

rotten kitten does that when i open the basement door. he runs thru the cat door as fast as he can as i am moving it. it is funny.
if they didn't make us laugh, would we have them?

ugh my pets are always on the wrong side of whatever I'm doing. If I open a door, they want it shut. Open a gate, please hold it open while I fly over.
I love it! makes me get that warm fuzzy- oh good, I'm not crazy, it's just them feeling. hehehe

Back
Top Bottom