Is there a skin issue?

• Your chicken might have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your chicken is fine

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Nov 13, 2018
Colorado us
I’m a new chicken keeper and our chickens had seemed fine. Later on we got two more (well summers) one of the well summers died unexpectedly. We also got two of the same birds which one of them was disabled and passed away while the other got sick mysteriously and passed away recently. We got two more and one of them looks sick her skin looks grey and being pulled by lots of feathers. She has golden feathers so I’m wondering if I should worry about her skin. Her neck looks smaller than her head which is unusual for our chickens. She also looks slightly smaller than the other one we got with her. Her droppings are big and round. Has she gotten sick and is there a diagnosis I can do?

It doesn't work. But I think it might be Marek's.
@rebrascora can you help? :)

Sorry! I’m still figuring this out. Here’s the picture. 99E49E6E-FD89-4801-8DBD-B755E9831731.jpeg

I don't know about your sick and dead Welsummers, but that golden hen is simply going through a molt. Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. Her feathers will continue to fall and look worse, then she'll look really prickly, and eventually she'll have all new feathers. :)

I don't know about your sick and dead Welsummers, but that golden hen is simply going through a molt. Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. Her feathers will continue to fall and look worse, then she'll look really prickly, and eventually she'll have all new feathers. :)

Thank you so much. This puts me at ease.

Back
Top Bottom