my chicken sitting call duck eggs

happy call duck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 5, 2012
Isle of wight England
my chicken Ivey is sitting 4 call duck eggs, she has been sitting for 28 days now when will i know they are hatched and can you tell when they are going to hatch. I have candled them. when should i give up and take them out. What should i do ? this is my first time trying to hatch duck eggs. HELP
hmm.png

my chicken Ivey is sitting 4 call duck eggs, she has been sitting for 28 days now when will i know they are hatched and can you tell when they are going to hatch. I have candled them. when should i give up and take them out. What should i do ? this is my first time trying to hatch duck eggs. HELP
hmm.png
Should be anytime, when you candled did you see anything? and you'll know when they hatch they'll peep and peak out from under your hen. If they have internally pipped and you candle you should be able to see ducklings head in the air pocket, then it will start to external pip you'll see a small hole that will continue to get larger as they work on it till it is zipped all the way around. It can take as long as 36 hrs for a duckling to hatch once it starts. oh and if you candle and see it's pipped internally you should be able to hear peeping. Good luck

Hi I just went out side to get the eggs from IVEY and the eggs felt different to touch and i held it up to my ear and heard the baby duck cheeping inside the egg, so i put it back under Ivey. So i hope i should find something real soon.
wee.gif

thumbsup.gif
how many hatched?
Hi we now have 2 little ones now. she is doing well but very small, we had 4 under Ivey but only had 2 in the end the third one got stuck and by the time we got to her she had died in the shell so sad. don't no about the fourth one. not sure what do with that one as it's been 28 days now! The top duck is the oldest we call her Duracell. The new one who is just 3 days old is called Spud.l

Last edited:
Hi we now have 2 little ones now. she is doing well but very small, we had 4 under Ivey but only had 2 in the end the third one got stuck and by the time we got to her she had died in the shell so sad. don't no about the fourth one. not sure what do with that one as it's been 28 days now! The top duck is the oldest we call her Duracell. The new one who is just 3 days old is called Spud.l
They are precious, if it's only day 28 maybe give her a few more days, did you try to candle in the last day or so? and sorry about the one that didn't make it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom