My chicken sounds like a Squeek toy!

Biddieacres

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Has this ever happened to anyone here? It is very loud and it sounds exactly like someone stepped on a dog's squeek toy. I think I know which hen is doing it but they just keep foraging as if nothing happened.

What could this sound be? I hope it isn't choking.

Chickens make lots of different noises. Spend some time with them, figure out which one it is and then observe to make certain that it's OK.

One of my 7 month olds made that sound yesterday for the first time. I was very surprised, but after watching her she seemed to be sneezing. I don't think she is sick, she was just dust bathing and probably got some up her nose. Is it possible that yours was sneezing?

Oh OK, maybe it is a sneeze. I thought it was a choke because the one time I think I caught who it was, she was eating fast.

She seemed fine after that. Then I heard it again and I know it wasn't her.....so I thought maybe this is something they all do.
hu.gif

Yes she was really enjoying the food......I am just glad they are OK after it because I don't know how to give the heimlich manuever to a chicken!
lau.gif
That would be a sight.

Back
Top Bottom