My chicken story. Photo is my original 4. Lucky is the brown bantam.

Kcacciaguida

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2020
Hello, my name is Kim and I am the owner of Sherman Ridge Sanctuary. I started rescuing rabbits 2 1/2 years ago and rehoming them. On a trip to tractor supply there was a small chick in with meat chickens and it was trampled to death and just laying sideways in the tub. I picked it up trying to revive the poor little thing. It seemed to be responding so I decided to take it home. Apparently New Jersey state law makes you purchase four chicks at one time. Not wanting to let the little chick out of my hand I have someone grab me for other chicks that were smaller than this trampled one.
as I went to the car with these little chicks that I had nowhere to put I was going to put the other three back in the store once I have a little one in my car but looking at their little faces I said oh well I’ll take them all home. 300.00 worth of chick supplies from tractor supply and off I was.
long story short ... The one I saved it ended up being the only hen. (Names her Lucky) The other three were roosters which I fell in love with so at that point I made three huge enclosures with three large safe coops And added hens to each
Flock. After rescuing rabbits people brought Chickens to me that needed medical care and homes. In March 2019 I brought home the 4 chicks. I now January 2020 have 50 chickens and six Ginny hens and a huge pole barn is being built as we speak to house all my beloved feather friends in the best conditions I could give them 😊
Pockets are empty but my heart is full❤️
61f546e3-f714-4ab9-84f2-68cde22c03dd-jpeg.2002978

Attachments

• 61F546E3-F714-4AB9-84F2-68CDE22C03DD.jpeg
    61F546E3-F714-4AB9-84F2-68CDE22C03DD.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 49
Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Aww....aren't they adorable! :love Thanks for sharing, we love to see pictures. :)

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to shout out, we are all ears. Welcome to our community! :)

Back
Top Bottom