my chicken was attacked....

firefly17

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 16, 2010
My poor little Polish hen was attacked yesterday and I am not sure by what.....Maybe you guys can help.

There were a bunch of crows causing a ruckus out back yesterday and I went out to check on the chickens...everyone of them were in the coop (did not come the rest of the day) except for my little polish girl. She was lying on the ground and I thought she was dead. I went to pick her up and noticed she indeed was still alive but to my horror something had pecked out both her eyes and just left her there. I wraped her in a blanket brought her in the house and cleaned her up a bit. Poor little thing died right in my arms she was calm and peaceful and just went to sleep. I have had one other last year killed by a hawk and have seen the crows chasing away a hawk...... but what would have just mamed her and left her there. Does anyone know if the crows would have done this?

Thanks for your help......it was a sad, sad day....

hugs.gif

Sorry to hear of your loss. Poor hen.
hit.gif

I don't know birds that well so I don't know what would have hurt your chicken like that. I don't know if you have a fenced run or not, but if you do, you might want to consider some mesh to go over the top. Hope someone else can give you more help.

Back
Top Bottom