1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chicken won't get up

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tonygibbs, Nov 1, 2010.

1. tonygibbs

tonygibbs New Egg

Nov 1, 2010
    :(Its been 3 days now and one of our chickens just sits on the ground and won't move. This is night and day. We are feeding water and food by hand but I don't want to do this forever. The temperature is mild in the cage and the other 2 chooks are fine. She seems alert but just wont get up Can any one help???

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    hi, you need to post this in the emergency thread, no one will look here for issues like this- for now i would move her inside and look her over real good for any injuries- how is her poop looking?

3. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    Try Vit. B12/ Vit. E may help. It worked for my hen that could not walk for days. It took about 5 days of Vitamin treatment, but she is fine now and back with the flock. Look up hen not walking in the search engine, that's how I heard of this treatment, also, some electrolyte solution would help her .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by