My chicken won't leave its nest?

Bonnie4girls

Hatching
Jul 17, 2016
Hi I'm new
I have 4chickens
2 road island reds
2 sexlinks
There a just over 1 1/2 years old one of my sexlinks is not feeling well over a week now
She won't come out of bed unless I bring her out to drink and eat if I didn't bring her out she wouldn't come out she's always fluffing her feathers
It has been really hot here lately so I put this powder with electrolytes and vitamins in there water still no change is she fixable ?
:(:(:(

It sounds as if she has gone broody. Is she clucking a lot, fluffing up, screeching when you move her, and passing really foul feces? If any of your answers are 'yes', she is probably broody.

Sounds like she is broody. Is she sitting on eggs? If so she will stay there until you break her of being broody or you get her eggs or chicks. This is just my experience with what my hen did. My 1-1/2 year old rir just went broody and since I don't have a rooster I got her some baby chicks and now she is very happy

Sounds like she is broody. Is she sitting on eggs? If so she will stay there until you break her of being broody or you get her eggs or chicks. This is just my experience with what my hen did. My 1-1/2 year old rir just went broody and since I don't have a rooster I got her some baby chicks and now she is very happy

It sounds as if she has gone broody. Is she clucking a lot, fluffing up, screeching when you move her, and passing really foul feces? If any of your answers are 'yes', she is probably broody.
i have to agree

Broody yes that's exactly what's wrong thank-you for your help I thought she was sick I feel so much better now ...
Now I have to snap her out of this
1f603.png
1f413.png

Back
Top Bottom