My chickens are my babies!! :)

rachelam101909

Hatching
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Turner, Oregon
Just joined BYC! Hoping to meet some other people who are as obsessed with their chickens as I am! I have four chickens :) Moose and Ebony are 2 months old. Moose is a Welsummer, and Ebony is a Barred Rock. Ruby and Sophie are about 1 1/2 months old and are Rhode Island Reds. They are all best friends and love perching in their coop and running around the yard. Some of their favorite past times are chasing eachother, searching for bugs and worms and driving mommy crazy :) haha but they really are the best. They love their worms and today got some corn on the cob for the first time yum yum! Moose and Ebony are starting to sit, practicing for laying, and they do better every day :) So proud of them, they have learned to come out of their coop when I open the door in the morning and go in at night when it gets dark or when I say its time for bed :) So basically, I love my chickens, and can't wait for them to start laying eggs! They make my day everyday I get to spend with them :) They may not be a dog or a cat, but they are still fantastic pets in their own way <3 Who else loves their chickens?

Last edited:
WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Love my chickens. That's why I joined this forum!

Hello and :welcome

You'll find heaps of people here who share your opinion. :lol: I always wanted a cat or something like that when I was younger, but chickens are fantastic pets too, I was actually surprised by how cute they were when I got my first ones. :p

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom