My chickens ate a mouse!

I looked outside at my free ranging flock this summer when I heard a commotion. 11 hens and a rooster chasing one hen with about a 2 ft snake. They ripped that thing to shreds and ate it in a bout 2 minutes flat. You should see what they can do to a chicken carcass!!!!!!!!

I have to say that more than once i have seen my hens go for a mouse - sadly they also got a baby bunny once! They will take any oppurtunity!

man!!!
chickens are crazy ,they will attack or try to get a sample or anything that they think is food.
I had the chance to see a rooster eating a little snake one time
hide.gif

Last edited:
My girls stole a mouse from my cat and ate it! He was dumbfounded, one minute he had a mouse- the next the chickens ran up and snatched it from him- pretty gross, but hey its all protein right?
wink.png

Quote:
Remember the movie "The BIRDS" ? There should be one called "The CHICKENS" !!!!! I remember watching that as a kid, scared the bajeebies out of me. I don't know if it would now but sure would like to see it again.

"The Birds" was an Alfred Hitchcock movie, wasn't it? I haven't seen it since I was a kid either - I almost think that it was a black and white film. You might be able to order it from Netflix. I have an Alfred Hitchcock collection, but they are from the tv series, not his movies.

My sisters cat will catch mice out in the field and then throw them in with the chickens. He is funny because he sits there with his tail flicking like "OOOOHHH I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!" The girls love to eat the mice and act all goofy about it. Kinda nasty but her mouse population is down greatly!!

Christal

Back
Top Bottom