My chickens ate Amdros ant bait!

Lori J

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
We put Amdro’s ant bait on ant beds in the part of the yard that the chickens cannot reach. Of course, Murphy’s Law kicked in and the chickens managed to find a way in that day. This was over a week ago and I researched it and it says that they would be okay, since they only ingested the portion on the ant bed, not a whole bag or anything. Thank goodness! But I’ve been collecting the eggs for over a week now and I’m wondering if I should feed them back to them or not? How long would you wait before we could eat the eggs or feed them back to the chickens?

Last edited:
I'd wait at least 14 days before eating ... That's the same as egg withdrawal for worming. As for feeding back, I've read it can be done when worming so maybe/probably ok here too. I'm just guessing ... Wait to see what others have to say.

I'd wait at least 14 days before eating ... That's the same as egg withdrawal for worming. As for feeding back, I've read it can be done when worming so maybe/probably ok here too. I'm just guessing ... Wait to see what others have to say.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom