MY CHICKENS CLUCK LOUD REALLY EARLY IN THE MORNING !! WHAT DO I DO?

Quote:
I love it! Here's my Penelope's version:

We should compile a video album of these...
smile.png

hahah thanks
smile.png
I love anything that has the name lucy in it
smile.png
hahah my favorite chicken is named lucy hahah she is a rhode island red
smile.png
pluss i just love the beetles
smile.png
the across the universe remake is amazing too!!!!!!!

Oh dear.. this thread has me worried.
My 2 chickens are about 4 weeks away from laying their first egg, and they are already NOISY!

If they're locked in their run, and not out free in the yard, whenever they see me walk past a window in the house the go bbbbbbooooooooooorrrkkk! really loud and like they're really cranky at me for leaving them locked up!

So I'm scared they're going to just get noisier when the egg-song starts up in a few weeks. :-(

Mine do that when there is a noise they don't know what it is and I have one in particular that is loud doing the 'egg-song' but its her way of expressing she's upset about the sound. And when the sound stops, she stops.

I also think certain breeds are louder than others too. I had two Giant Cochin hens for less than a day because they were THAT loud. I live with my yards connected to my neighbors and I have one in particular that tries to harrass me, and so a loud clucking from them isn't a good thing. Chickens are legal in my area and the city inspector told me that as long as no one calls on them, he's fine with it but it takes one phone call from this guy and we'd have to do something...and believe me he tries to find something he can call the city on about us...so I'm worried about putting them back outside when its spring...until we move to the country in July. Right now they're in a pen in the garage and they can cluck as loudly as they want, no one can hear them!

Quote:
Do they have dogs that bark? Because I find that far more annoying than any chicken singing her egg song - or multiple chickens, for that matter! And 7 am isn't too early, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm up with the birds anyways!
smile.png

And DeeTee, Penelope is absolutely adorable!
love.gif

just one neighbor to the side of me has a dog that barks alot, but i have two dogs that probably bark more than my neighbors. I have a black great dane and a chocolate lab mix. hahha they are cute but are pretty noisy.

Back
Top Bottom