My chickens don't like snow.

I have good news!
My chickens decided they had enough of staying in the coop. They were all out in the run today, and lots of the day too! I shoveled the from part and put out food so I guess that helped. Thank you for all the suggestions! I hope my chickens will get really used to snow. :p
They'll get used to it.
Good to keep an area cleared tho, not sure what your setup looks like.
I toss down just a bit of straw or shavings if it gets icy.

I shoveled more of the run today. They are getting used to it, I can tell! :D Some of them even walked though the deep snow. I'll post pics of my set up. (Its not the prettiest right now..)

- Clucky

I shoveled more of the run today. They are getting used to it, I can tell! :D Some of them even walked though the deep snow. I'll post pics of my set up. (Its not the prettiest right now..)

- Clucky

It doesn't have to be pretty. ;)
It just needs to be effective.:D

Yes, thanks! :)
Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the coop and run. :rolleyes: Its dark now so I'll do it tomorrow.

Here are the pictures @21hens-incharge and @aart + who ever else wants to see them
DSCN6407.jpg
DSCN6409.jpg
Bonus: The coop:
DSCN6417.jpg

Yes, I can easily get in by a back corner where the netting can flip up. I use zip-ties to hold the netting up, but I have been doing work in the run so some of them are off which makes it hang down. Oh, and why did you want to see pics of the run in the first place?

So I could see what you were dealing with and hopefully offer suggestions to make things easier.

Same here.

It is very hard to picture what someone is dealing with without seeing it.

I learned that there is bird netting for example. I now understand why shoveling can be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom