My chickens drop HUGE poops but lay SMALL eggs

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
Maybe I think the eggs are small because I am used to DUCK eggs but I really thought BIG hens would lay fairly big eggs (english choc orpingtons) But they drop poops that are twice the size of their eggs ~ whats up with that ?

Maybe I think the eggs are small because I am used to DUCK eggs but I really thought BIG hens would lay fairly big eggs (english choc orpingtons) But they drop poops that are twice the size of their eggs ~ whats up with that ?
Are they new to laying? Other than that I have no idea! I hope you can find an answer!

Sounds like happy chickens to me! You are feeding them well :D

Almost all hens start with small eggs that progressively grow bigger. Some breeds have naturally small eggs as well. How old are they?

just did on my mom's postal scale and it was hard boiled lol so its maybe not 100% accurate but it came out as around 2 & 1/3 oz. which is close to 66 grams ?
Have you weighted the poops too? JK :gig

My Light Brahmas have huge poops(eat a ton) and have eggs in the 2.5oz range, which by weight is X-large per USDA.

yeah i had many years of big ducks eggs then got a couple of geese ( enormous eggs) then i added chickens and the weird thing is my chickens are bigger than my ducks, but their eggs are smaller go figure

Back
Top Bottom