My chickens face and comb swollen

Emeraldchickens

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
I have chickens of varying ages. One of my 5 month old girls has a swollen face and comb. It did kinda go down today from yesterday in swelling. She is quarantined from my flock and the others don't seem to have it. Just curious if anyone knows what it might be?

I don't know if you can see in my picture that basically anywhere on her face where the red is comb, face, waddled is swollen. Though he waddles has calmed down a bit.
20210513_133449.jpg

Attachments

• 20210513_133455.jpg
    20210513_133455.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 8
I have chickens of varying ages. One of my 5 month old girls has a swollen face and comb. It did kinda go down today from yesterday in swelling. She is quarantined from my flock and the others don't seem to have it. Just curious if anyone knows what it might be?

I don't know if you can see in my picture that basically anywhere on her face where the red is comb, face, waddled is swollen. Though he waddles has calmed down a bit.View attachment 2668296
Could she have been stung or bitten by an insect?

I would guess that she was stung. You can give 1/4 of a benadryl tablet orally, if you have any, just once to see if it helps the swelling go down. In the meantime, look at her nostrils for any drainage and for any bubbles or foam in the eyes. Listen for any sneeze or breathing issues which could be a respiratory infection.

Back
Top Bottom