My Chickens have runny noses and are not laying

girard78

Hatching
May 13, 2016
We have 18 chickens, our egg production slowly started dropping down to a couple a day and today we got zero. couldn't figure out what was going on, tried adding more nesting boxes, cleaning out coop and nesting boxes. Then noticed that they pretty much all have runny noses. Their food and water intake seems normal, maybe a little more docile then usual but no other signs other than then the running noses. they are not sneezing. I have figured out is is some type of respiratory illness but I am wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone and if anyone knows how to treat it. thanks in advance

We have 18 chickens, our egg production slowly started dropping down to a couple a day and today we got zero. couldn't figure out what was going on, tried adding more nesting boxes, cleaning out coop and nesting boxes. Then noticed that they pretty much all have runny noses. Their food and water intake seems normal, maybe a little more docile then usual but no other signs other than then the running noses. they are not sneezing. I have figured out is is some type of respiratory illness but I am wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone and if anyone knows how to treat it. thanks in advance

Respiratory could be anything. I would get some VetRX and follow instructions on that and also a vitamin/mineral supplement for their water and start using that.

Back
Top Bottom