My Chickens Like Mustard Filled Eggs

Feb 18, 2021
Texas
Sometimes my chickens eat their own eggs, so because of this I tried mustard filled eggs as it was said to break them from eating the eggs. Well, today I found out my chickens like mustard! I am wondering if there is something else I could fill the eggs with or maybe something else I could do to stop them from eating the eggs?

Sometimes my chickens eat their own eggs, so because of this I tried mustard filled eggs as it was said to break them from eating the eggs. Well, today I found out my chickens like mustard! I am wondering if there is something else I could fill the eggs with or maybe something else I could do to stop them from eating the eggs?
They can't taste spicy so hot sauce likely won't work. I think they can taste bitter--maybe the bitter green spray some people use on wires in their homes to keep cats and dogs from chewing on them? Or just ceramic/wooden eggs do there's no positive payoff for pecking them?

They can't taste spicy so hot sauce likely won't work. I think they can taste bitter--maybe the bitter green spray some people use on wires in their homes to keep cats and dogs from chewing on them? Or just ceramic/wooden eggs do there's no positive payoff for pecking them?
I did not know that chickens can't taste spicy foods!

It makes no sense.
Where would you put the blukote and why?
Alright, please do tell me why it’s not a good suggestion! Obviously I need to be enlightened😄

I thought it was fine because people put blukote on feet so chickens leave other feet alone, so if you put some blukote on the egg, then maybe they will leave it alone.

Was this not right.

Back
Top Bottom