"My Chickens" The Movie!!!

Hi Trish, I love the fencing you used in your yard. Might be a good idea for me, there are a lot of bears around here. I love the variety of chickens you have. Also, you gave me a great idea to make a video too...Woot!

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

Nice movie. Almost as good as visiting someone's farm.
VERY handsome rooster!

Quote:
I ordered my chicks from Ideal. The white ones are a breed that Ideal "made" called the Ideal 236. They are under leghorns on the website so I've been calling them white leghorns.

Here's what Ideal says:
Ideal 236 is a breed cross layer developed by Ideal Poultry in the 1960's and is the most productive, efficient layer sold by Ideal. They are known for their production of large, smooth-shelled, white eggs. This breed cross has excellent hybrid vigor, and the specific combination of breeds has produced a bird with excellent livability and the ability to lay for a long period of time without molting.

The mature weight of Ideal 236 hens is 4.5 lbs. which is heavier than most commercial layers.

I just realized while reading a different thread that "showgirl" is some type of breed. Maybe?! Well just want wanted to let everyone know that Purdy is not a showgirl, she's an EE. I just call her my showgirl because she's beautiful and I would like to show her one day.

Showgirl = a cross between Silkie and Turken, basically a naked neck Silkie.
smile.png

http://www.showgirlchickens.com/

Back
Top Bottom