my chickens wants to lay eggs??

jedanysuarez

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2023
i’ve had my chickens for over six months now everything is good. They are healthy they eat they play around they cuddle, they dirty bathe but there’s one thing that gets me to worry. My chicken goes to a corner and start digging while she’s digging she’s sort of going in a circular movement, does this means she wants to lay eggs. I’ve already prepared a nest for her yet still, she does not go there and always goes to that specific corner.

Last edited:
i’ve had my chickens for over six months now everything is good. They are healthy they eat they play around they cuddle, they dirty bathe but there’s one thing that gets me to worry. My chicken goes to a corner and start digging while she’s digging she’s sort of going in a circular movement, does this means she wants to lay eggs. I’ve already prepared a nest for her yet still, she does not go there and always goes to that specific corner.
Welcome to BYC!

Could you get a picture when it happens next?

They like corners to lay. I moved the nesting box to the corner and now that's the only place they go.

Back
Top Bottom