My chickens

Thankyou for a lovely reply and am enjoying the site!
You might be interested in checking out BYC's sister site:
www.backyardherds.com
Thankyou so much for your help! A lot of wonderful replies and a great site!😀
Welcome to BYC! Would love to see some pics of your animals around the farm! What breed of goose do you have? Be sure to check out our goose and duck forums, we have a very active waterfowl community here! Enjoy!
Hello, Debby, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Good luck with the hatch.
Howdy :frow
Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
Good luck with your duck eggs! :fl

Thanks for joining us! :woot
Thankyou and looking forward to learning more and ducklings:thumbsup

Have a Red rooster at the moment and have had bantam hens and many others over nine years. Seems we do not have much luck with chickens. One chicken in nine years. We get close and have had foxes kill them and our chooks have been given to us. Through family and a lady raises them before we get them. Hoping to get some chickens when we get our new girls for our rooster,Red. We have about seven ducks and a goose though and she is sitting on some duck eggs. Here's hoping to baby ducklings instead.:celebrate
Thankyou to everyone wonderful replies. Just wandering how you start a new post here and put up some photos?
03000563.jpg
:jumpy

Attachments

• 03000564.jpg
    03000564.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2
Thankyou to everyone wonderful replies. Just wandering how you start a new post here and put up some photos?View attachment 2013386:jumpy
Not sure what breed our ducks and geese are. The ducks are amazing birds and great with cleaning up earwigs and goosie goose hisses if you get to close. It is amazing how Red our rooster co- exists with our goose. The ducks are in a seperate pen next to them. Also have two beautiful parrots that are really clever. Will put some other photos 🤓🐥up later. Have had two geese and hopefully this is the correct photo of our second goose. We know longer have our first goose or Bantam hens due to foxes. My husband was really attached to our first goose and they had an amazing human ,animal friendship. He was so upset loosing our first goose and Bantams. That is the hardest thing with having birds. They after all become family!!

Welcome, I’m sorry about the losses. There are a variety of runs you can set up, including mobile runs. I hope you try again with chickens when you’re ready.
Defently will try again! Can you tell me? How long would our goose sit on eggs? I am thinking they are not any good as I have posted on the Goose site. My husband and myself are still new to geese and ducks. She is sitting on the duck eggs. Thankyou😊

Defently will try again! Can you tell me? How long would our goose sit on eggs? I am thinking they are not any good as I have posted on the Goose site. My husband and myself are still new to geese and ducks. She is sitting on the duck eggs. Thankyou😊
She could sit for months! A Muscovy of mine sat for over two months (I pampered her though)!

Back
Top Bottom