my chicks are all right and chirping all safe and sound.

LerkerNoMore

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 4, 2013
Massachusets
Hello my little peeps are coming from Missouri but they have not reached even MA yet so now I am getting worried. The way the shipping goes for me is it enters Brockton then comes to Millis and I drive to get them but they have not reached MA yet and I am worried.

No worries they have arrived now

Last edited:
Hello my little peeps are coming from Missouri but they have not reached even MA yet so now I am getting worried. The way the shipping goes for me is it enters Brockton then comes to Millis and I drive to get them but they have not reached MA yet and I am worried.
th.gif

Three days ikes I would be worried also hope you have the brooder warm for them incase they make it ..

Have you called the hatchery yet ??

I called the post office and talked to them for a bit but the last place it was scanned was in the middle of Missouri that's why im so nervous because they have already been in the mail 2 days maybe 2.5 days

I do have a brooder but I am not so sure they will make it when they do arrive.

I agree with Gander. That brooder needs to be set up now. When a box of stressed chicks arrives, that is not the time to be working on the brooder box. At the very least, it needs to be set up with the light going so you know it's the right temp, and you need to have your waterer set up. I'd also get some electrolytes, (you can make your own. do a thread search for the recipe) and I'd get a bottle of Nutri-drench. That might make the difference between chicks that die during the first week, and chicks that survive to be good egg layers. I wish you the best of luck. Also, you might want to have your camera ready so you can document your losses and the condition of the chicks so you can get replacements/credit if needed.

I agree with Gander. That brooder needs to be set up now. When a box of stressed chicks arrives, that is not the time to be working on the brooder box. At the very least, it needs to be set up with the light going so you know it's the right temp, and you need to have your waterer set up. I'd also get some electrolytes, (you can make your own. do a thread search for the recipe) and I'd get a bottle of Nutri-drench. That might make the difference between chicks that die during the first week, and chicks that survive to be good egg layers. I wish you the best of luck. Also, you might want to have your camera ready so you can document your losses and the condition of the chicks so you can get replacements/credit if needed.

Its ok I had it set up
the heat lamp was on and they arrived a few hours ago all fine and chirping

5 little buffs so cute ill post some pics later

Back
Top Bottom