My Chicks are dying in the eggs

I turn mine 3 times a day, they say just to make sure you do it an odd number of times each day so they dont lay on the same side each night(longest period.

Quote:
Oh I hope thats not true! I have a Little Giant bator that I got for a great deal on CL and I am so looking forward to my babies.
fl.gif

I hope your second batch do well, good luck!

Turning the eggs after day 18 doesn't hurt the chicks. I've left mine on the turner until day 19 or 20 until I hear them peeping. I've also heard of others finding chicks already hatched while the turner is still on. The problem with a turner is that they could get stuck when it's turning, but it changes so slowly.
I'm sure my biggest problem is with temperature spikes and too high humidity.
Maybe my next batch will be better...

Quote:
I would say that you have already got your anwser to why they died, and i'm sorry that happened to you and your son. but like everyone
else is telling you, keep a eye on your humidity...i have a little giant incubator, i have had alot of luck with it, just hatched 10 out of 12 with it this time, and the first time i got 3 out of 6 to hatch and just put 18 more eggs in it today...I wish you & your son luck ...............ktown.....Mitch
And another thing is too, if you can't get your humidity up to where you want it, try putting in a warm wet paper towel.....
fl.gif
fl.gif

Ok Everyone so I think I might know what really happened. We have two duck egg's in with our chicken eggs and my aunt who hatches all the time was here today and I told her what happened she said you can't put duck eggs in with chicken eggs. The reason is because she said even if you mist your duck eggs they will still absorb all of the humidity from your chicken eggs and you will have dead chicks as well as chicks with curled up toes. When we opened the egg we found they were at the wrong end of the egg what most likely happened she said is that they were too sticky to turn to the proper end to pipp the air cell we also noticed there toes were curled up. So long story short we found another inubator to put the duck eggs in. I will let you know what happens with this next hatch. Thank you so much for all of your help everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom