My chicks are gone, nothing left UPDATE: I found a chick*Graphic Pics*

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chicken0Boy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Crowing

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    So sad. Yeah, I remember when my cat killed a gerbil by playing with it. It looked just like that. Or, a dog could do it, too. Maybe the rest found a place to hide. But, if you don't see any by tomorrow morning, I wouldn't put out much hope.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. Well, I am not sure what to say. All I know is it has to be a small animal, because there is not anywhere a cat or bigger could get in. I am thinking rat, squirrel, ferret, snake, and/or a tiny dog. Lets hope no more kills. [​IMG]

3. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    Do you have any neighbors? when i was young my mom raised basinji's and the mother had a litter of pups and i remember leaving with her to the store and came back and all the pups were dead all over the yard and 2 were in the water bucket which was 3 feet off the ground and they were far 2 small to have jumped yet, come to find out the neighbors 13 tear old son was a nutjob and killed them when we left he also came in the yard and stole chicks and peeped on my teenage cousins in the same 3 weeks boy did he get it when my granddad got ahold of him

4. Quote:[​IMG] That is crazy! Oh and [​IMG] and [​IMG] from South Carolina!

5. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    Thank you very much happy to be here. glad I found this forum and glad i decided to start raising chickens again [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Crowing

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I was thinking the same thing about kids last night. I've even heard stories on BYC about kids coming into someone's yard or coop and stomping on ducklings or chicks. I hope that's not the case.

I hope you find the other two.

7. nicokl502

nicokl502 Songster

Nov 3, 2010
    Kansas City Mo
    my goodness some kids are crazy!! i hope thats not what happen to sad, did you end up finding anymore?

8. No, but I have started to get over it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: