My chicks are hatching tomorrow.

I LOVE Silkies!!!!! Lol
I actually found out the brown chick I have is a silkie too! I didn't think it was because of the back stripe but apparently it might be some kind of buff partridge variation or something. Interested to see how she feathers out!

Brown Bantam 2.jpg

Brown Bantam 1.jpg

Baby pictures! I named the chicks today so I thought I'd get a portrait to commemorate it. :love

Maverick.jpg

Maverick. Pretty sure she is a Black Copper Marans, but time will tell. Easily the most friendly and inquisitive chick in the flock. She jumps up on the brooder lamp and cries to be picked up.

Goose.jpg

Goose. The self-designated leader of the pack. She's the largest chick by a long stretch too. I think Goose is a Blue Cuckoo Marans.

Lola.jpg

Lola. Buff bantam silkie. A lovable derp who is not super coordinated. Everybody gets concerned when Lola is not in the brooder. Maverick starts crying for her whenever she's separated from the group. Very calm and laid-back.

Luna.jpg

Luna. White bantam silkie. Very pushy to be the second-smallest chick in the flock. Starts yelling for the group whenever she gets separated. Still likes getting pets though.

Riley.jpg

Riley. No idea what Riley is but I'm leaning towards an Olive Egger or some kind of colored egg hybrid because of the muff. Does not like getting picked up at all but loves getting pet once she's been picked up.

Demi.jpg

Demi. Bantam Mottled Cochin. A little slow on the uptake and unsure of herself all of the time. The smallest chick in the flock. Very slow-moving compared to the other chicks but she seems healthy enough. Goose goes out of her way to protect Demi and they are usually hanging out side by side.

Jet.jpg

Jet. No idea what Jet is, leaning towards some kind of EE or colored egg layer because I think she has the tiniest beginnings of a muff. All black, all the time. Smallest of my hatchery chicks, but she's very active.

Back
Top Bottom