My chicks are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fzouk, Mar 24, 2009.

1. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    I got the call at 5:30 AM that they were here and so I went right over. 25 Silver Spangled Hamburgs all in perfect health and my surprise chick, I believe, is a Lakenvelder. I ordered from McMurray. I think those Lakenvelders are GORGEOUS so I hope I'm right but after looking at all the chick pictures on their site and comparing that is the only one that really matches up. YAAAAAY!!! Later on if I can figure out how to post pictures on here I'll put some up. They are dozing now after peeping around for quite a while- what a nice sound and what a nice sight to see them all milling around!

Frances

2. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Sounds exciting, can't wait to see some piccies!

3. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

4. deerhunterblp

deerhunterblp Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2009
    Batesville, Arkansas
    Congrats...I thought mine were coming today but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

5. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad they all arrived safe and sound [​IMG]

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]...but jealous. Have fun!!!!

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
  8. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    Well two of them didn't make it through the morning, poor things. Hopefully it was just travel stress and not anything that could spread. They all arrived and seemed perfectly healthy but I was out for an hour and when I got back two of them were lying sort of right up against the feeder and obviously not just sleeping. No pasted up rear end or anything. They got here today, Tuesday, and were shipped Saturday I think because I believe they said they (McMurray) always ships on Saturdays, so that WAS an awfully long time to be in transit. I dipped their beaks in the water before setting them loose in the brooder and they all seemed to find the food immediately but maybe it was just a little too long without food and water while getting here. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation to you more experienced chicken keepers? The other 24 look great, so that's good. Hopefully they'll stay that way.

Thank you!
    Frances

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by