My Chicks are LOST in the mail- Brokenhearted

Mine were late coming and we were really worried. My local P.O. was no help at all. They had no idea of who to call or anything, or at least that was their story. The tracking number was worthless because no one bothered to scan the box ANYWHERE! The tracking number still said they were notified they had a package to pick up and would be updated when they did. Well, the did, and it took a half day longer than it should and it was never scanned along the way.

Fortunately my friend had some connections. She drove to the main P.O. in Lansing, about a half hour from us and spoke to them. Gave them our cell phone number, etc and asked if they came in at any time, call us immediately. They finally did about 6 pm and if they had not, the chicks would have sat there until early morning, then been shipped on to our local P.O. and then waited from us to be contacted. It would have been another 12-14 hours. We were lucky, because they were still all alive, but 2 little ones were looking bad and I almost lost them. I put them in a seperate box because they were getting knocked around and trampled.

My babies came Priority, I thought they would come Express. They took two and a half days to come 230 miles! I had thought about driving but with the price of gas, thought it would be cheaper and easier to just ship them. NOT AGAIN!

Day old chicks are always shipped priority unless otherwise noted. All hatcheries that I know of ship them priority. Express would cost a LOT more.

Hope your peepers show up soon safe and sound.

Quote:
Wow- it sounds like you had a close call.... Im relieved your babies arrived safe... Mine, however ... have been in the mail for 4 days...-Kathy

PO called- the buff orps were the only chicks that have arrived all week.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Did they give you a tracking number at all? If they have not given you a tracking number, maybe they never really shipped the birds.....

May be they didn't have enough to fill their orders and didn't want to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom