my chicks are not interested in neither yogurt nor grapes whatsoever

It takes time for them to learn they are food. One brave chick will try it first....and the rest will follow. After a couple of times, they will all come running for it.

They tried, but disinterested, on the other hand they love millets, cooked rice, grass and grass seeds. They love earth worms but has no interests in slugs

Someone posted a video of a woman cutting up slugs for her chickens, with a pair of scissors. Not gonna happen here, but feel free to try.

Imp

You can also try mixing a small bit of your chick starter/grower feed into the yogurt and make a warm mash. Make sure to take it up after awhile if they don't eat it so it doesn't spoil and make them sick. You can do several small bits out of one batch by keeping the rest in refrigerator. I'd also cut the grapes up in it too until they get used to the texture. Mine only eat yogurt mixed into their feed or in oatmeal, otherwise it's a yogurt "food fight" everywhere in the coop as they try to shake it off their beaks!
Hope this helps
smile.png

did you cut the grapes in 1/2 and peck with your pointer finger ? that usually does the trick till they learn to eat what ever you had them.

I get mobbed by my lot just by walking outside they think im the food lady.

Quote:
You are the food, just lie down in the run!
lol.png

Imp

LOL they would sit on me, I do go in there and sit down they pile up on top of me. Just be careful after giving grapes cause they will think your eye ball is the grape.

Silly chickens.....

Quote:
You are the food, just lie down in the run!
lol.png

Imp

LOL they would sit on me, I do go in there and sit down they pile up on top of me. Just be careful after giving grapes cause they will think your eye ball is the grape.

Silly chickens.....

It's a trick! They just start at the eye ball.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom