My chicks are screaming at me?

kaylaewoldt928

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2016
Ive got three six weekish old hens and this is the first time theyve started screeching at me?? I hadnt let them out of the coop today so i was thinking maybe thats it...and when i let them out the two shy hens literally jumped on my shoulders, this is NOT like them. I tries calming them to sleep, but they kept the screaming going. I even tried treats, they wanted nothing to do with it..? There is nothing predatory in their cage to be scaring them either. What could be going on guys? I cant sleep at night knowing there is something goinf on with them.
Btw their not laying eggs or anything if that helps..

Sounds like they want feed..you have 4 more months on getting eggs.. so thats why there not laying
oh right i know they arent supposed to be laying yet but i heard sometimes they get loud while laying eggs. I gave thwm more fees and water so thats not the cause.

Chickens are noisy, maybe they are just starting to find their voices (maturing from chirping to clucking). If they have food, water and are comfortable and safe, I wouldn't worry.

Are they loud even when they don't see you? Do they start up the minute you come into their scope of vision? If the latter, they have figured out that you are the key to all things good, and they are demanding you produce some of them.

They are old enough that they should have a large run for during the day. If they have plenty of space to scratch happily in, and plenty of food during the day without the feeder going empty, and they are safe from predators, they should be content.

Back
Top Bottom