My chicks are sick!

I-need-help

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2019
Lancaster, PA
Hello, I have never raised chickens before but my friend was given a chick for free and asked me to take care of it.
Since it was only one chick, I went to an auction and got three polish chicks to keep my chick company. However, once I brought them home, all three of them turned out to be sick!
I was unsure of what to do, but I only have one heating lamp, so I put all of them into the same tank to stay warm overnight.

Now all four of them are sneezing, some of their stool is bloody, and the smallest of the polish chicks is pretty lethargic and hangs its wings down a lot.

I am feeding them medicated chick starter, and I have fed them the yolk of a boiled egg for breakfast the last two days. I'm also giving them electrolytes in some of their water.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know! Any help would be appreciated!

Here are some pictures of them:
chickens 2.png
chickens 5.png
chickens 6.png

You have some pretty babies. Go to your local feed store and buy the medication for coccidiosis. Bloody poo is one of a major factor with that. You can mix it with their water and once you treat them for it, you shouldn't have to do it again. If I remember correctly, you can get in powder and liquid form. Make sure they don't get too warm. The first few weeks of your babies life will be difficult sometimes but it's worth it in the end. Let me know if you have anymore questions

You have some pretty babies. Go to your local feed store and buy the medication for coccidiosis. Bloody poo is one of a major factor with that. You can mix it with their water and once you treat them for it, you shouldn't have to do it again. If I remember correctly, you can get in powder and liquid form. Make sure they don't get too warm. The first few weeks of your babies life will be difficult sometimes but it's worth it in the end. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Thank you so much!

I think you need to take them off the medicated feed when you start the Corid. Be careful of dosing. You can search BYC; I know I've read on here somewhere how to calculate the dose.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom