My chicks are sneezing alot! HELP!

Peachesbabychick

Songster
8 Years
Sep 17, 2011
Some where over the rainbow
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I brought home 6 baby chicks.....all just under 2 weeks old. I brought them home and they are now in a nice sized water trough (in my garage), with a red 250 watt heat lamp on one side and fresh pine shavings for bedding.

This morning Iv'e noticed that they are sneezing quite a bit.... very noticable. They are eating, drinking, peeping and doing all the things baby chicks do. I looked at one of them... no discharge of any kind.

Is this normal? I'm very worried please help!

-Peaches

Looks for watery eyes, nose, etc. How are they acting? If they are eating and drinking and running around while they are awake I wouldn't worry too much. What are you using for bedding? Try to relax.
smile.png

Looks for watery eyes, nose, etc. How are they acting? If they are eating and drinking and running around while they are awake I wouldn't worry too much. What are you using for bedding? Try to relax.
smile.png

Oh they act perfect. Eating alot, drinking, pooping and running around when they aren't napping. I've been trying not to handle them to much.... (I don't want to stress them out they are still so little) but when I watch them I don't see any watery nostrils etc. Just sneezing.

I am using pine shavings for their bedding.

-Peaches

Back
Top Bottom