My chicks are two weeks old and just went outside!!! ( Picture Heavy )

MRNpoultry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Gibsonville, NC
Yesterday my chicks went outside for the first time, they like being outside alot better that being in a rubbermaid container. Here they are!

IMGP1690.jpg

IMGP1689.jpg

IMGP1688.jpg

IMGP1687.jpg

IMGP1686.jpg

My hens were going crazy in the background.

IMGP1685.jpg

IMGP1684.jpg

IMGP1682.jpg

IMGP1683.jpg

Any guess on which are boys and girls. My ameracana has got some blue coloring.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look very healthy and so cute. Mine are only five days old so I have to be patient...I'm looking forward to their first day out in the yard. Hopefully in a couple weeks things will have dried out again, it's very wet and windy here right now.

I want to get them out yesterday since it was in the 80's just about. These are my first chicks since last year.
My little rooster ( I hope ) got to rejoin the flock five days ago after having spraddle leg. Good luck with your chicks. There is a dominiker, SWL, BLH, ameracana, and a buff oprington.

I wasn't sure about taking them out at first because a few days ago a dog that killed 4 of our roosters and one young hen was up here again ( We think he might be rabid ). But every thing went fine I just have to watch them real close. How old are your chicks and where did you get them from?

Mine were born on Monday. I bought five Buff Orpingtons that are unfortunatly straight run, so I don't know what I have yet. I also bought a Silver Laced Wyandotte and I'm going to get a Gold Laced Wyandotte this weekend. I already have three buff Orp pullets that are 7 months old, one is laying, one is close to laying and the other is sickly so we are trying to decide what to do with her. I also have two polish that are laying now. I need a bigger coop!!

I need a bigger coop if I keep ordering more. I ordered sexed chicks but I know there can still be more roos than you order. Can you tell which are hens and which are roos the only one thats supposed to be a roo is the blh. I only won't one roo because when we had three together two ran the other one away.

It's hard to tell, I can only guess, the BO looks like a girl to me, the rest I just don't know. Post more pics as they grow up and we can all play the "guess what we are" game. Enjoy them. They are wonderful!

I figured it whould be hard to tell since they are young, but the one suppose to be a roo comb is devloping faster than the others. The bo is suppose to be a girl so I hope she is. I'm lucky we live in the country where people don't mind crowing.
In a one or two more weeks I'll post some more indvidual pics.

Back
Top Bottom