My chicks arrived

nh Sue

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 10, 2008
So. New Hampshire
My 3 chicks , 1 Buff Orpington, and 2 Silver Wyandottes arrived and hopefully these lovable puffs are girls to keep my 1 EE company in the future

What cuties.
love.gif

Yes, more pics as they grow. Please?

So Cute!! Where did you get them from? I'm in MA and getting ready to order my very first babies! Trying to get as much info as I can right now.

I will take more pics ..closer up. rloffa, I got them from My Pet Chicken. I would order from them again. I wanted only 3 chicks to replace the 3 roosters I had to give to a friend who has a farm as my initial plan was for 4 chickens. I went to MPC so that I could order a small amount and that they would be sexed with a guarantee so to me it was worth the price! My first 4 chicks were from a school teacher whose class hatched chicks-free but a gable on the sex of the chick .

tamvan, I hear such good things about Buff Orps that I wish I had gotten more..who knows as many say here this is just a start! Hubby built a great coop for 4 and is talking about plans for a larger one...

I am enjoying having babies again ..so addicting!

Awww...so cute! I must say I'm pleased to hear Buff Orps are popular since four of the eight chicks I picked up on Tuesday are BO's. But I'm curious WHY they are so popular? I had not included any in my original order from MPC because they are rated as "good" rather than "excellent" egg layers, and as much as I like keeping chickens, I sold the idea to DH based on eggs. So - for those who said they have a good rap, WHY are you so happy with yours? (And sorry to hijack....)

Back
Top Bottom