My chicks keep dieing! What am I doing wrong?!

DuckGirl, I agree with Rancher about making a little spot for the silkie and her babies. Is it possible for you to do that? Maybe you could keep them in your garage in a crate? From what I have read medicated feed is also a good idea. I hope we can help so that the rest of your chicks will be alright. I know you love them so much and that you want the best for them.

Peaches

Quote:
oh my! i just saw this! hank you for doing that for me
hugs.gif

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. A quick search on google or this forum could have quickly given you all of the information that we are now, before your chicks hatched. It would save you the heartache of seeing them die of something so easily preventable.

Quote:
No dear of course not, Lord have mercy. However there have been some who have not done research and I always read things two and three times, cuz I miss somethings. That's why I suggest it. Brooding chicks in a brooder and using a broody hen are different. Broody hens are not all the same and it's an iffy thing sometimes.

I'm not sure you even made any mistakes. We all do our best, I'm sure.
hugs.gif

Take care,

Rancher

Quote:
Of course not, some people need to learn the harm way. IMO, it doesn't really matter how long you researched, but what you got out of it.

Quote:
No, you're not. Just keep asking questions and let us help you through this. It's truly tragic that this happened, and we all love animals and feel for you and your chicks that they are suffering. The whole situation will be especially tragic if it does turn out to be kidney damage from calcium overload because that is so completely avoidable yet irreversible. Everyone makes mistakes - take this as a learning experience and decide what you are going to do to make sure you continue to educate yourself so that something like this doesn't ever happen again!!

Quote:
No, you're not. Just keep asking questions and let us help you through this. It's truly tragic that this happened, and we all love animals and feel for you and your chicks that they are suffering. The whole situation will be especially tragic if it does turn out to be kidney damage from calcium overload because that is so completely avoidable yet irreversible. Everyone makes mistakes - take this as a learning experience and decide what you are going to do to make sure you continue to educate yourself so that something like this doesn't ever happen again!!

x2

What happened, happened. You can't change it. All you can do is learn from your mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Quote:
No dear of course not, Lord have mercy. However there have been some who have not done research and I always read things two and three times, cuz I miss somethings. That's why I suggest it. Brooding chicks in a brooder and using a broody hen are different. Broody hens are not all the same and it's an iffy thing sometimes.

I'm not sure you even made any mistakes. We all do our best, I'm sure.
hugs.gif

Take care,

Rancher

hugs.gif
im sure ive made a mistake. I should have just waited till it was spring and it was warmer, and done more research. then i wouldnt be sitting here bawling my eyes out
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom