My Chicks Love Moths

PurpleChicken

Rest in Peace 1970-2018
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
I have organic bird food for my parrot that I buy in bulk. One of the side effects is moths that hatch from eggs in the seed. They don't bother anyone so I don't kill them. This makes my wife a bit crazy. Well, last night, after reading a few post here about chicks and bugs, I decided to catch a few moths and see how the chicks like them. The chickens went nuts. They loved the moths. It was like watching a show on National Geographic. My chicks vary from 1 to 3 weeks old. They also love cooked white rice, english muffins & ramen noodles (all in moderation).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Good on you for trying it, I love to see people let their chicks use their instincts, its so natural and fun to watch.
I watch my bunnies make tunnels out near the vegie patch and watch them shift the excess dirt with their chests.
It is definately like National Geo and the chickens are just as entertaining.
If you have a mother hen with chicks it gets better still, watch her show them how to catch worms and bugs and have an all important dirt bath in the garden!Then if you get a rooster, you can watch him marvel at his new offspring as he stands over them protecting them. it is so devine!!

Back
Top Bottom