My chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by a123andpoof, Apr 18, 2012.

1. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Hello, I am going to use this thread to update on my babies. I have 21 older chickens which include, 1 speckled sussex, 1 barred rock hen, 4 reds, and 11 black sex links, 2 silkies i roo and 1 hen, and 2 barred rock roosters. For the oldest babies I got 2 buff orpingtons, 2 australorps and 1 delaware, 2 EE's and 3 mixed babies, and 1 silkie babie.Very few will actually have names, as I don't want to get attached. And now for the pics:

But this is Delly/ Dellie

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    n

The first guy hatched Monday the rest hatched Tuesday. The black ones are barred rock (father) x black sex link. All three have white spots on their heads think that could mean roo? The white chick is a silkie. Her toes didn't straighten out so we had to help her with that, but flatting them and attaching them to cardboard. She gets along better on the cardboard, then with her own the feet. The poor baby coud barely walk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roosterlover5

Roosterlover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    You took some great pics.I love the 3rd and 4th ones. Your chicks are so cute!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Love your pics! What an idea, putting the cardboard under her little foot! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Looking good!

5. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I actually got the idea from another forum, hope it works. My baby EE pictures disapeared...

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by