My cockatiel without a crest

Elene

Hatching
Dec 16, 2017
Hi, my cockatiel is a lutino, female. One day we took her out of the cage and whilst she was flying and got to sit her feathers were going everywhere
When we got her she had no crest hairs and almost non fo the back side oh her neck. She also had a small hole on her head and she didn't let us touch her.

Will the feathers grow back?
Wil she be ok?
(It's not a moult)
View attachment 1211217

Attachments

• 1513493458186-735261360.jpg
    1513493458186-735261360.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
How long have you had her? I know it's quite common for first time parents to want to start another clutch of eggs before their first batch of chicks have fledged and the cock bird can attack the chicks trying to get them out of the nestbox. That could be the reason your little girl had her head beat up as scalping is a common injury in that instance.

Is she still losing feathers? Young ones will moult a few times before their 'adult' moult. I've had two I hand reared grow back wing feathers, after we clipped them, before they were 12 weeks old!

Last edited:
How long have you had her? I know it's quite common for first time parents to want to start another clutch of eggs before their first batch of chicks have fledged and the cock bird can attack the chicks trying to get them out of the nestbox. That could be the reason your little girl had her head beat up as scalping is a common injury in that instance.

Is she still losing feathers? Young ones will moult a few times before their 'adult' moult. I've had two I hand reared grow back wing feathers, after we clipped them, before they were 12 weeks old!
She is not losing any feathers at the moment. To be honest her feathers are growing back and this happend ob Wednesday.

Hi, my cockatiel is a lutino, female. One day we took her out of the cage and whilst she was flying and got to sit her feathers were going everywhere
When we got her she had no crest hairs and almost non fo the back side oh her neck. She also had a small hole on her head and she didn't let us touch her.

Will the feathers grow back?
Wil she be ok?
(It's not a moult)
View attachment 1211217
She will be ok I don't think the feathers will grow back it might grow back it might not

Back
Top Bottom