My Coop from pallets.

DownInTheCoop

Hatching
May 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

New here but hello all......

I recently built this chicken coop and was wandering how many chickens I could keep in it?

Currently there are 4 Warrens - the inside has ample room they don't even use much of it.

I am only asking since I am looking to add to the flock, the picture is a week old there is now a run around the entire coop which has a gate and is also pretty big.

14517476_1037545139698973_8903292461457275022_n.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Welcome!! Typically they say 4sq foot per chicken. With that said If they are only in it at night to sleep the 4 you have may be ok with the space you have for them, that also depends on your birds, some like their space. As long as it stays clean and they seem happy with it they may be ok for now. If you plan on adding chickens to your flock you will need to expand your coop though. How big is your run?

Hello Hope!

The run was the entire garden which is absolutely massive! But they started destroying the garden so we made an enclosure 10ft x 10ft. They are out all day long from morning till dusk - they only go back inside in the daytime to lay.

Lol the pleasure of having chickens you will have holes everywhere! I think you should be fine as long as no problems come about. They will tell you if they become unhappy with the situation. They will fight for space on the roosts or egg boxes if they don't have enough space.

Okay thanks for the advice, I am going to upgrade soon and double the size and add perches and a nesting box I can access from the outside.

Back
Top Bottom