my coop page

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by smarquis86, Sep 5, 2011.

1. smarquis86

smarquis86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Yakima, WA
  2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    [​IMG] Looks great now that your done with yours you can come build mine! [​IMG]

3. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] great job !!

4. dcouette

dcouette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Dryden, ON
    Looks like your chickens are pretty happy! Great job!
    [​IMG]

5. N. Virginia

N. Virginia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Very nice! Your 12 hens look happy together.

If they never get around to using the lower roost, I would add a chicken hammock under the back roost to keep the poop from falling on the floor. Haven't made one yet myself, but thought I could make one out of grass seed bags (the woven plastic kind) tied with baling twine to hook-eyes placed in each corner a foot on each side from the roost..that way I could just cut the hammock down when dirty and make another - I have lots of old seed bags. Of course you could use any kind of old cloth for the hammock. The Salvation Army sells sheets for a dollar.

Cheers,
    N. VA

6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Great page! I've had my coop built for over a year now but still haven't gotten around to making a coop page so [​IMG] !

Nice coop too! Mine is 9 ft. in the front (miscommunication with my brother the builder). The only downside is I'm afraid of heights and had to
    get up there to paint the exterior. It's nice giving them that extra air space inside. Great job!

7. MaureenC

MaureenC Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Wow that looks GREAT! I don't think your page is missing anything at all, and the coop is fabulous! Great job!

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You're right, something IS missing. What's missing is that your coop is not sitting in my chicken yard. I LOVE YOUR COOP !!!!!!! [​IMG]

Good job with the coop AND the page. IT's perfect!!!! No need to change or add anything. [​IMG]

9. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. You can be proud of that . It looks great. [​IMG]

10. riverchicks

riverchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Nice job! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by