My coop

Don't ruin your garden by planting fast growing conifers. They're home-keepers' bane over here. Massive great trees, that don't block the neighbours sight, because they can see through the trunks.

Your coop is really beautiful on her side. I can't see what the fuss is about. That's a lovely fence you've got too. Maybe put a window box there too? I don't see that it's anyone's business but your own what you have in your back garden. Tell her to look out of another window if she doesn't like what she sees out of that one!

Remember the main point- she's leaving! Some people just don't like change, and she sees the coop as a change. Whatever new people buy the house next door will know that seeing your cute little coop during the winter is part of the deal. I doubt the new neighbors will think of it as an eye sore; your current neighbor is alone in that opinion! (although I do like the idea of window boxes, too!)

Your coop is darling! And "Eyesore" is the perfect moniker!
thumbsup.gif

A little landscaping goes a long way in making coops/people's houses more welcoming and attractive...I'm sure that yours will be beautiful when it is all finished!

VERY VERY NICE!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
I agree with all previous posters! Def not an eye sore. As far as plants to create more of a buffer, I'd suggest Cedars. They grow tall and thick; however, you need to make sure they can get enough sunshine, otherwise they will be shaded out. In any event, there are many many everygreens to choose from that will add to your buffer zone.
cool.png

That is a great coop. Your neighbor is probably a chicken hater and worried buyers will be turned off by a coop so close to their property. Lol, wish you could put my OLD metal,red ducted taped,blue tarped chicken shed by your neighbor.She would have a fit. Really it is an awesome coop. I want to built one like that. I hope you posted details somewhere! Grow some ornamental grasses for cover,but don't block your BEAUTIFUL coop. I just got some grasses that will get to 12-15 feet. I grow corn that tall too. Glad your neighbor is selling.Hope you get a chicken lover.

Back
Top Bottom