My coop

Nice looking coop but I have questions. Can we see what you have done for ventilation? Are the sliding doors for the nest boxes? Are you using buckets for nest boxes? does it have a people door? How many chickens do you think it will house? These things take a lot of time don't they? This doesn't look like a "kit" to me. Did you design it?

Hi from Ga.
thumbsup.gif

That is so great. You'll be so glad you took the time to do it right. Your girls will be safe and the better set up to clean and access the better...you won't be sorry you used sand. Just make sure the sand is deep enough to scoop and clean and for the girls to scratch and dust bath in.

Great job...I like how it is under a tree for shade in summer also....

Your coop looks very well thought out to me! Lots of ventilation and room. I so identify with your statement "I kind of just made it up as I went along. I had an idea of what I wanted, but figuring out exactly how to build what I pictured in my mind was a challenge. Trying not to break the bank was also difficult". I have been trying to design a coop and run as I go also and have for the most enjoyed it, but I'm REALLY ready to be done. I'm almost obsessed with it. I'll do a formal post when I'm done. there's so much junk laying around when I'm working to take pictures. It's very helpful to see what everyone else is doing. I especially like looking at original designs like yours. thanks

Your coop is really beautiful and well thought out.
You are going to want a lot more ventilation up high though, I can assure you. In your climate, the entire front of the coop could be hardware cloth.

Back
Top Bottom