My Cornish...4-5 weeks old...PICS

Quote:
See... that's a good question!
Apparently the roos do NOT look like the hens, HOWEVER I haven't found a roo picture yet!!! Apparently Mt Healthy does NOT sell the roos either! At least, I don't see a photo of one where it says choose what you want! So maybe they are only letting the hens sell at this point???

BTW, says they are made by a RIR and either a Sussex or BR hen!

I'm so darn confused!

I can't find a pic of a roo either, but I know I have at least one roo, though that one looks more like a RSL roo (his feathers on his wings are dark, dark brown and he has some black coming in at the nape of his neck). Maybe TSC sold us some "mutant chickens?!?"
gig.gif

I sent a link to this thread to Centurion Poultry. They seem to the breeder, and supplier to Mt. Healthy from what I can gather. I also sent my email addy to them, so hopefully we can get some answers!

Hope this was OK with the rest of the members.

Quote:
See... that's a good question!
Apparently the roos do NOT look like the hens, HOWEVER I haven't found a roo picture yet!!! Apparently Mt Healthy does NOT sell the roos either! At least, I don't see a photo of one where it says choose what you want! So maybe they are only letting the hens sell at this point???

BTW, says they are made by a RIR and either a Sussex or BR hen!

I'm so darn confused!

I can't find a pic of a roo either, but I know I have at least one roo, though that one looks more like a RSL roo (his feathers on his wings are dark, dark brown and he has some black coming in at the nape of his neck). Maybe TSC sold us some "mutant chickens?!?"
gig.gif

Don't be so sure on that being a roo either! Unless you hear the crow, and see no eggs! Look at this from the Centurion site..

amberlink.jpg

See the darker colors?!?!?

Perhaps this thread needs to be on the WHAT BREED IS THIS ?!?!?

Quote:
The one with the dark brown feathers started getting a pink comb at 2 weeks old, has the thicker legs and his comb and wattles are now getting very large and are bright red...so I'm *pretty* sure he's a "he," though after reading all of this, I'm not even sure of *that* any more!
hu.gif

I'm sticking with Cornish...they all have very yellow legs...Just not sure what the deal is.
smile.png

Ok! You can call them what ya want hun, but they aren't Cornish.

Haven't gotten an email back yet from Centurion. Will update when I hear from them.

Cornish don't have those dark feathers, nor the reddish clay colored neck feathers.

Roosters typically have larger legs, and many breeds of birds have yellow legs, so that doesn't make them Cornish.

Beautiful birds, I agree!!

But I wanna know what they are, so I can correctly identify what my three are. I'm going with the DeKalb amberlinks until I'm proven wrong.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes I agree, The legs aren't wide enough apart and the feathering is all wrong for a cornishX, the body confirmation is also very off. I think these are birds of a very different breed.

AL

Yeah I mainly just wanted to call them cornish as wishful thinking.....What would you guys do then...raise them and still butcher...or just take them to auction..sell...and then buy some actual meatbirds?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom