My Cornish...4-5 weeks old...PICS

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by SamG347, Jun 18, 2009.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Songster

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Here are my mystery cornish. For some reason the free life style I'm giving them has kept them healthy and growing a little slower. I have nooo problem with that because I wanted freedom rangers but just ended up picking these up at TSC...and what do you know they are just like FRs lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nikischicks

nikischicks Songster

Mar 16, 2009
    NE/Mid Ohio
    Those are pretty birds!

3. jaku

jaku Songster

what's with the brown back on the one? and is it just my computer screen, or do they have faintly brown heads??

4. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    It looks like they have cream coloured heads to me too!

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Nice looking birds you got there. Never seen any with those colors.....lookslike a FR had a fied day on night with some Cornish hens [​IMG]

6. SamG347

SamG347 Songster

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    LOL yeah I noticed this too....thought maybe a Red Sexlink chick got mixed into the cornish. But all appear to be cornish like in body structure.
    [​IMG]

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Hey.....as long as they grow the way you want them to and they are healthy when your ready to process......who cares what color the feathers are. [​IMG]

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I think they are cute. From what everyone is saying the cornish are very ugly LOL

9. jaku

jaku Songster

As I look at these on a better computer, I'm not sure you have Cornish X's there. Multiple colors, fully feathered, no ridiculously thick legs, growing slowly. That's probably the answer to your mystery!

10. SamG347

SamG347 Songster

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Thats what I thought too....but I can't pinpoint any other breed to mark them too. They are from Mt.healthy in Ohio. The off coloration to the feathers on most of them is probably from the scratch in their diet...or dirt. Most are pure white with that yellow tint...They are getting a 20% feed....and allowed to roam with the layers.
    Soo guess we will just wait and see...if they continue to grow slowly much past the age of 8 weeks I will put them in more confinment...but I love how active and healthy they are now.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: