My Cornish...4-5 weeks old...PICS

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Here are my mystery cornish. For some reason the free life style I'm giving them has kept them healthy and growing a little slower. I have nooo problem with that because I wanted freedom rangers but just ended up picking these up at TSC...and what do you know they are just like FRs lol.
big_smile.png

Summer2009010.jpg

Summer2009035.jpg

Summer2009030.jpg

Summer2009026.jpg

Summer2009024.jpg

Summer2009022.jpg

LOL yeah I noticed this too....thought maybe a Red Sexlink chick got mixed into the cornish. But all appear to be cornish like in body structure.
smile.png

Hey.....as long as they grow the way you want them to and they are healthy when your ready to process......who cares what color the feathers are.
smile.png

As I look at these on a better computer, I'm not sure you have Cornish X's there. Multiple colors, fully feathered, no ridiculously thick legs, growing slowly. That's probably the answer to your mystery!

Thats what I thought too....but I can't pinpoint any other breed to mark them too. They are from Mt.healthy in Ohio. The off coloration to the feathers on most of them is probably from the scratch in their diet...or dirt. Most are pure white with that yellow tint...They are getting a 20% feed....and allowed to roam with the layers.
Soo guess we will just wait and see...if they continue to grow slowly much past the age of 8 weeks I will put them in more confinment...but I love how active and healthy they are now.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom