My cotrunix Chicks are EVERYWHERE! more cute chix pix!

Denise i appologize---- we had some ugly weather here late sunday night that took out my cable---- no cable, no internet, no telephone from sunday late til about 20 minutes age (as i watch the cable van drive off...) so i missed most of the fun.... I'm glad your hatch turned out well. Watch for late stragglers as they may still come 1 by 1 yet. congrats on the new batch!

Last edited:
No worries JJ! i figured you were off to bigger and better things! I think the next batch will hatch in the coolerbator. I think the brinsea dried the rest of the eggs up like raisins.. One egg seemed fossilized! Anyway today I cleaned the brooder and one chick is walking all stilt-legged afterwards..did I inadvertently damage him while moving the little guys to and fro? I also had to tape one curled up foot and a tiny golden chick. Any idee how long I should keep the tape on?

Overeasyplz...so sorry I missed your big day! If you have enough eggs they seems to explode just like popcorn. So glad you had a great hatch...it is always so exciting to me when someone is hatching; doesn't matter if it is the first or 100th time. Congratulations!!!!

just sharing some gratuitious baby pix - I have a big order from a future quail egg farmer and I have 100 babies at the moment. Here's my brooder with 40 babies in it
46478_pileoquail2.jpg

46478_pileoquail.jpg

no pics as cute as the one flaked out on its back though

thanks for sharing your baby quails! I love all of them in clumps sleeping like that! And LSHMJeebus no worries! I actually had shelly and JJ as midwives while they were hatching, online! They "chatted" me through the first two and helped me get the incubator set up right for them to hatch in! It was fun and now we are gonna do it again with mamawolf's T A&M eggs! Holy cow what am I thinking!

Quote:
That is cool! I am itching to get out the incubator and hatcher but think I will have to wait another month, I promised hubby no more brooding birds in the house. Hope I can keep that promise...hehehe

Just shorten my nick to Lost, cause I usually am most of the time...lololol

Quote:
I am right there with you Southerngirl! The feeling just starts to creep up on me. I start cruising the old familiar sites to buy eggs...hoping nothing jumps out at me that I just HAVE to buy. Then the intensity of the feeling starts ratcheting up as more and more opportunities for buying eggs present themselves. It becomes so intense that I just have to incubate something, anything!!! At least I have chickens laying, so if worse comes to worse I can incubate some of my own, not the same but still satisfying in its own way.

This year I will be on the prowl for LF Cochins and probably later on some more Butlers. I am trying to be more selective and not just incubate just for the sake of keeping the cabinet incubator full from spring till winter...yeah, right!!! LOLOLOL

Back
Top Bottom