My cotrunix Chicks are EVERYWHERE! more cute chix pix!

I think someone is calling in chick, I mean sick tomorrow
lol.png

Thanks for the pics, and the heads up on the napkin dual use solution.
Only you and JJ could come up with that MWO.

Well, got up early anyway after crashing at 10:45pm. It was 4:30 am.. I looked int he bator and 19 lil guys were jostling around! I had the brooder heating up all night. I checked the thermometer and it said 106!! So I moved the box a little ways away from original starting position. Opening the bator was hard as all the chicks wanted mama.. so I carefully gathered 5 or so up at a time and walked them to the brooder.. god they are small!! JJ said to leave a screamer in there. Chick number 20 was just popping out so he's in there peeping away to help encourage any leftover hatchers..The maxi pad is still sticking to the top of the brinsea over the fan. i had nightmares of it falling down and chicks sticking to it. So far they are happy and i have seen at least one drink. They are picking at the gamebird starter with I thought was super-powdery with big cracked corn pieces in it. Perhaps it is intended to be a mash? Well, anyway GRATUITOUS CHICK PICS TO FOLLOW

44235_p1250005.jpg

44235_p1250006.jpg

44235_p1250004.jpg

44235_p1250003.jpg

They are soooo stinking cute.,. I am sooo jealous.... I love the pic of the lil one asleep on its back ..
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I am firing my bator up tonight... Period

OMG!!! They are so cute!! Congrats on a great hatch. I absolutely love the pic of the baby laying on its back.
On a side note: Not what I needed to see right now. I am seriously going threw baby withdrawl and I need to keep telling my self, I am not dragging out the bator.

sigh, I went to work.. on the forbidden computer.. Now I wish that I had let hubby bnuy me that webcam so I could watch the babies..
I wonder how many more have hatched since I've been away...

Ha ha ha! I got home about 2:30 and checked the bator. There were 10 more critters in there. Seems I now have 30 quailies!! I know I have a few rosettas/tibetans, a few tuxedos, and a lot of goldens! Lots of regular browns. OMG they are so fast! And I swear some have grown since this morning. They have made a total mess of their pen but they are so cute I don't care..Although I'm sure I will probably wonder why I hatched them in the winter before long lol. I have 2 in the bator peeping away, they are the newest hathcers and hopefully they will help coax out any stragglers. Here are more pics of chix!

44235_p1250011.jpg

44235_p1250012.jpg

44235_p1250023.jpg

Yep, thats a big, Shiney...DIme! See how tiney they are? The dime is to help them find food but the food is everywhere...

44235_p1250016.jpg

44235_p1250020.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom