My cousins transplant...HELP!

Good evening byc friends,

My cousin Scott has had many ups since his surgery but right now he has had a set back.

He was doing so well he left the SICU way sooner than expected...he started to eat graham crackers and very soft and mild food and even got to eat some CHICKEN!! which he said was absolutely delicious--can't recall the last time he's had a meal with his mouth.....they were even going to send him home from the transplant ward on Mon. but then something happened...during an endoscopy he vomited and got it in his lungs so now he is on a respirator and back in SICU.

The good thing is that his colon transplant looks good.

We'll know more tomorrow when his sister goes for a visit and gives us a call later. Hopefully, he'll be able to be taken off the respirator. They worry about infection and pneumonia when people react to the antisthetic that way and vomit and breathe it in their lungs. His mom has not left his side. And his wife is there too. His dad makes the drive home for sleep.

So PRAISE God his transplant is doing good and please if you could, offer my big cuz, up in prayer tonight. And Lord may you give rest to his loved ones who have kept vigil by his bedside in love and concern for days and days, in Jesus' name we fall on bended knee. Amen.

Thank you,
gretch

Scott ,May God hold you tightly in his arms until your are well
and totaly recovered .
I offer my prayers to you and your loved ones to have strenght
to help you through this ordeal.
God bless .
Sissy

Thank you so much.

Currently he's been taken off the ventilator and has had a blood transfusion and has come down with pneumonia. He has opted out of the heavy pain meds because they can affect his colon so he is in a great deal of pain. But his colon looks really good. Thank you all for continued prayers for my big cuz.

hugs,
gretch

Hi Gretch, hows he doing??
fl.gif

Mom talked to Aunt Ruth last night and she said she thinks she gets to take him home today.

On the updated webpage his step-daughter says he's lost lots of weight... he hadn't had that much to start with... very tall and slender and been sick all these years and hasn't been able to eat and been tube fed... but now he's starting to eat some gentle solids. She said she was worried about them sending him home he looks so fragile and weak with the weight loss and pneumonia but the dr's think he's up for it and that it will encourage his spirits to go home.

We feel very blessed at his recovery despite the set backs and thank everyone for their loving prayers.

humbly,
Gretchen

ok.... Scott's home!!!!!

My cousin is home from his transplant after 22 days!!

He'll have to travel a bit to the hospital in Georgetown like once a week for months I think my mom told me but Praise the Lord he's home!!!

Please continue to pray for he's so weak and needs to gain strength and allow his transplant to continue to thrive in his body so he may receive the nourishment he needs to live... thank You Jesus, my brother, my Savior, my all in all...thank you my friends, my love, my laughter, my strength...and thank you my cousin for being in my life and being who God made you...thank You God for all these things. We pray and exalt thee in Jesus' name, Amen.

hugs,
gretch

oh that great news,
hugs.gif

I will keep him in our prayers.

Scott hang in there with all the prayers coming
your way from our prayer group. we know
you will soon be feeling yourself again.
God bless.

Hello all,
Good morning or is it afternoon already?

Scott has been back to Georgetown for one of his many many follow ups that are to follow. It will be 2 days a week he will make the travels all the way to Georgetown but you do what you have to do. Everything is looking good and he will no longer undergo anesthesia for the scopes since he reacted badly last time and got pneumonia. His system is down and so he can not afford the germs so though family and friends long to see him... they will have to stay their distance so he does not get sick. Instead of their usual big family Thanksgiving... they will have a nice small one.

His pups are very very happy to see him but it's all he can do to keep them from jumping on his tender areas. ha ha ha... dumb dogs. But he is resting and hopefully and prayerfully he will be getting his strength back day by day.

Thank you all so much for remembering and praying for my cousin, Scott.

God bless you all,
hugs,
gretch

Back
Top Bottom