my cream legbar still dosent lay

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
My 34 week old cream legnar still isn't laying, could it be the time of year? And horrible weather?

time of year and horrible weather don't help, where did you get the hen from. I have 2 easter eggers over a year old now that have never laid. I hatched them myself. I got them from a lady who breeds and lets all the roosters and hen run around with each other. I think mine are inbred. I don't know much about legbar's, are they suposed to be good layers?

They are supposed to lay 290 eggs a year and here comb is function about 3 mm

Quote:
Snap! I put it down to the time of year and believe you may see some egg action in the next few weeks now the days are getting longer. My girl has a really large red comb and has had for a while!

Having said that, I read somewhere that legbars don't lay until the enter their 2nd year. Not sure how true that is because I have seen others posting their legbars have laid before a year old
hu.gif

Stick with her Johnn, we'll have a race to see if your legbar lays before mine or vice versa
wink.png

Myne had a very red face and a red little com Dow it lightened abit
sad.png
and he inn shrunk down abit aswell

Johnn - my cream legbar laid her first egg today!!!!!!!
wee.gif
Your girl won't be far behind now
fl.gif

Here's mine:

I love it!
ep.gif

Bet I love it more!
lau.gif
Now, you are going to have to post the moment you get one and a pic too! I think my CLB is a week, maybe two weeks older than your CLB, so I just know you are going to have your own very soon!

Back
Top Bottom