My crooked little broody coop - UPDATED PICS

justuschickens59

VA Royal Blues
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Virginia
Hubby has been building me a crooked little broody coop. Here is a picture of it's progress to date. It is almost done. We still have to put the run up around the coop, put the windows in, put up the porch rails, paint the porch and rails, put another coat of paint on the whole thing (changing the window trim color, any suggestions?), hang the sign on the door, and hang the porch light. I "think" that is all, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Broodycoop07-01-10.jpg

We are also in the process of restoring our old stall barn into coops and runs. The first picture is what the barn looked like when we bought this place. The second picture is of progress to date.

Picture035.jpg

Barn04-07-10.jpg

And here is a picture of our chicken bell we hung on the side of the barn. We have the chickens trained to come running when we ring the bell...they know when that bell rings there are treats to be had.

ChickenBell07-01-10.jpg

Last edited:
OH WOW ! ! I love the crooked little broody house!
love.gif
How did you come up with that? That is fabulous! You must be very creative, to think of that!

That barn looks like a totally new build. OMG, it is wonderful! You are surely gonna love that. Perfect place, all nice and shady, too. What a great chicken bell .... I can just see them fat ol fluffy butts come a runnin' when they hear the bell !
gig.gif

love.gif

It reminds me of a playhouse I saw in the backyard of a house that was for sale. I soooo wanted that playhouse (the rest of the house was OK).

Thanks Kathy
smile.png
Hubby is creative...he's an artist. He used to work in the movie industry for years. I just tell him what I want, and he comes up with it. I'm really happy with the little broody house. It has a little nest box that bumps out on the back.

Here's a picture of the fence he built out of some cedar trees that we had to cut down. I told him I wanted a really rustic looking fence around the front of the house, and this is what he came up with.

You can check out his website too if you want. http://dragonwynddesigns.com/

000_0015.jpg

flowers5-20-08.jpg

Oh my....how would your husband feel about a "vacation" to MN? You can come with!! I am in love with the chicken coop!!!! And the barn looks awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom