My dad passed away

I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Peace be with you

THANK YOU ALL so much!!!!!

It really means alot to have friends who care. I really missed BYC and you all while I was gone. Im glad to be back. I will be going back to PA in a week or so to work on getting the estate ready to sell, gotta get the house cleaned out and up, get the will settled, and all that stuff, I/we have our work cut out for us.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, kind words and thoughts, I needed them...............ed

Oh I'm glad you're home and can take a deep breath... I know it's hard to do we buried my mom several years ago, but every now and then, it all comes rushing back.

This thread reminded me to give my dad an extra hug now and then, and to cherish what I can no matter how frustrated I get at times. (he's 90 and I care for him now)

I laugh and yell at my mom now and then... shaking my finger at the ceiling, and sometimes I share those moments with my dad too by the way, never underestimate the value of humor!!! He and I share a chuckle every time we can, "remember how she used to do/say/yell/love/hate whatever"

Never doubt it's all a good thing... even if you are laughing through the tears. Sorry to get maudlin like this, but avoiding topics isn't my style.

I'd give you a big hug if I could, and there's no emoticon that can express both my concern and my wish to comfort ((virtual huggs here)) .... Deb

Last edited:
glad you are back Ed. I hope all is well on your home front? Like someone said, take a deep breath and relax a bit now. you have the memories that will live forever.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I agree, I lost my dad back in 2000, he had a long fight with cancer and he died the night before a hospice nurse was coming for the first time the next day to bathe him. He was a very proud man and we all knew how much it bothered him that he couldnt bathe himself as he got weaker. My mom did what she could but that bothered him too. I'll never forget the next day we were all sitting around comforting each other and I said, " I guess he was serious about not wanting anyone to bathe him eh? " we all burst out laughing because my dad always had to get the last word in a disagreement. It got us all talking about funny stories of my dad instead of sitting there being sad. It helped us through that time for sure.

So sorry about your Dad, Ed. I'll keep you in my prayers, the next few weeks will be tough.

Take care,

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom