My dad thinks it's a brain tumor...

It will probably hurt a little, but atleast it might heal her so she isnt in such discomfort. I would lance it and then give her the medication

medications for respiratory infections isn't gonna do the hen any justice in this case I am afraid. I hate to say it but I think your dad is right and she doesn't have much longer
sad.png
I know it's hard
hugs.gif

I seriously do not think you should lance that! If she is suffering and has poor quality of life it might be best to put her down.. so sorry!
hugs.gif

Quote:
true but 'red blood cells' are not alive- (no nucleus) and the abscess I was working with did not have blood involved besides the use (that I described) at the edge of the opening would be like on skin, not in blood

Gee =.= I did lance it. Some white stuff came out, and then this pinkish stuff came out. It's kinda hard but kinda squishy too.. She doesn't look much better but I applied neosporin over it and a bandaid. I had to put a second bandaid because somehow the first one came off, I think because it wasn't very sticky, and more of the white stuff was oozing out...
Her face is still pretty swollen though. Her crop is empty though and I don't know about poop, but she is drinking water. Right now she's in the baby duck enclosure. The 2 ducks in there ignore her. Sugar has been resting alot too.

Well since I did lance it, just made a small cut on the back of her head, and before I read all the other comments, what should I do now?
By the way, there's still something in there. A dark dark red (almost black) growth is in there. I decided not to mess with it..

Its too bad you didnt know of an aviary vet, that would be the best decision. So sorry
sad.png
Hopefully it will drain well and she will get better. I am wishing you the best

When you lanced it and it oozed did the size of the lump decrease at all? I would keep letting it drain and keep the wound clean, definitely start her on antibiotics and hopefully she will pull through. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom